IB Results 2020
We are delighted that our IB students have, in this strangest of years, achieved a fabulous set of results.
- av point score = 39 (Global av = 30)
- 52% of candidates scored 40 or more
- 87% of HL (higher level) grades are at 6 or 7
- 1 candidate scored a full 45 points
- Very high av core score (extended essay, theory of knowledge, creativity/activity/service) of 2.3
- 90% of students into high ranking first choice Univeristies, with 3 students into Oxbridge
- Wide range of courses at destination universities: psychology, aerospace engineering, medicine, commercial management & quantity surveying, English Literature, PPE, child nursing
Outcomes such as these wouldn't be possible without the vast amounts of effort and care that our staff have provided to these students, not just during the last couple of years, but throughout their time at the Abbey School.
Well done to everyone involved.