The Abbey is a great place to work with a warm community feel.
We have well below the national average number of staff leaving every year - the majority of teaching staff leave to have babies or retire!
To view our current vacancies and apply, visit The Abbey Careers Portal.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be appointed subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
To attract and retain people of the highest standard we offer an attractive package:
- A competitive salary
- Good pension benefits for academic and support staff
- The Abbey promotes a good work life balance
- We train our teachers of the future by employing graduates with a good degree, taking them through to Qualified Teacher Status, by classroom assessment
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic students, some of whom study the IB programme
- Term time only contracts for support staff where appropriate
- Excellent opportunities for professional development, investing in you as an individual
- Sabbatical leave, subject to the Head’s approval
- We provide car parking for all staff, the school is a 20-minute walk from Reading Railway Station
- Free lunches for all staff, with plenty of choice
- Use of the swimming pool and gym
- Opportunity to join a variety of clubs – history society, book club, staff singers, yoga and much more
- Enhanced payments for maternity leave
- Employee Assistance programme, offering free, confidential counselling
- Fee concession available for parents of Abbey girls
- We have staff accommodation, including a number of flats, for new employees moving to the area
- Break for cake on Fridays
- Annual ‘flu jab on site
- Personal accident cover