To attract and retain people of the highest standard we offer an attractive package:
- A competitive salary with opportunities for further payments for additional duties
- Good pension benefits for academic and support staff
- The Abbey promotes a good work life balance
- We train our teachers of the future by employing graduates with a good degree, taking them through to Qualified Teacher Status, by classroom assessment
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic students, some of whom study the IB programme
- Term time only contracts for support staff where appropriate
- Excellent opportunities for professional development, investing in you as an individual
- Sabbatical leave, subject to the Head’s approval
- We provide car parking for all staff, the school is a 20-minute walk from Reading Railway Station
- Free lunches for all staff, with plenty of choice
- Use of the swimming pool and gym
- Opportunity to join a variety of clubs – history society, book club, staff singers, yoga and much more
- Enhanced payments for maternity leave
- Employee Assistance programme, offering free, confidential counselling
- Fee concession available for parents of Abbey girls
- We have staff accommodation, including a number of flats, for new employees moving to the area
- Break for cake on Fridays
- Annual ‘flu jab on site
- Personal accident cover
Click on the links on the left hand menu for current vacancies and browse the site to find out more about our school.
To apply for any vacancies currently listed on our website, please download and complete the application form found via the following link Download Application Form and at the bottom of the page.
If applying by email, please send this as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your CV and covering letter, specifying the post you are applying for in the title of the email.
If applying by post please send to: The Human Resources Officer, The Abbey School, Kendrick Road, Reading RG1 5DZ
Tel: 0118 987 2256
Applications will NOT be considered for the next stage of the recruitment process without submission of a completed Abbey School application form.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be appointed subject to an Enhanced DBS check.